Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthday Month...day 1 - the gardener

So on the 24th of this month I turn 42. I've decided that each day until then I am going to reflect on a part of who I am, and do something for that part of my person.

On this, day 1, I pay tribute to Melissa the Gardener!

I love to play in the dirt.

I wish I knew more about gardening.

I'm thrilled to have more time now to spend TIME on gardending.

But I am still very much a novice. With MUCH to learn.

I've tried in the past to start my garden plants from seeds, with little success. So instead of trying the tomatoes, and peppers, etc., this year I'm trying to raise my bedding plants - annuals. I spend a ton of money on them every year, and maybe I can save that money doing it myself inside. I did plant some cukes and eggplant, because I had the seeds. But the rest are marigolds, sweet peas, sunflowers, and impatiens. Today I'm going to spend some time transplanting some of the little ones into bigger pots, hoping to get them stronger. We'll see. Only time will tell.

I'm also going to dedicate a few hours this afternoon to beginning my gardening journal, something I've always wanted to do. I will include a timetable for taking care of my perennials and trees, and then notes on my gardens as well. It's a start!

So raising my cup of tea to Melissa the Gardener today. Cheers~

No comments: