Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday month - I've lost track! : scrapbooker

I've been ill. And then I was "unplugged" for five days (NOT A BAD THING). So I have completely lost track of what is going on, what day of the month it is, etc. Today I'm trying to regain my home, having been gone for 5 days - doing dishes, laundry, etc.

The reason I was gone this weekend - I was scrapbooking. So instead of blogging late at night when up coughing, I simply got up and scrapbooked. It was a very productive weekend!

I started scrapbooking about 15 years ago... was a CM consultant for awhile, then owned a store. Now I just get to scrapbook because I love it. It is the most relaxing thing. I become "regrounded" when I get to spend time doing it. I've been REALLY Blessed to have TWO weekends in the last month to get away and crop. With two different groups of women. Both amazing groups.

This month I was just cropping family pix. But more than that, I really enjoy doing specialty albums. I have started a Faithbook. I need to resurrect that. And I have been pulling pictures and things to do an album on ME. About me. What I love to do, sort of like this blog patter this month - showcasing the different things that make up Missy.

I used to think I was not a creative person. But I can scrapbook. I don't have to be artisitic to scrapbook. And for that, I am thankful!

I found myself STARING at some of the pictures I worked on this weekend. My friend kept asking me if I was "ok". I just giggled. "Just enjoying the pictures" was my response. I love the memories that are hidden behind those photos. THAT is why I do this. WHy I spend the time and money creating these keepsakes. They hold the memories....

No comments: