It's Prom. For years, with my daughter at home, Prom was an exciting time - dress shopping, hair appts, pictures... SO exciting. Now with my son, it is completely different. He took his clothes to a friend's house, where the boys (all single) would eat, then go to the dance, then to another friend's house for the night. No fun pictures. No flowers. No excitement. SIGH.
What does this mean for ME? For my HUSBAND? It means we are CHILD FREE tonight. While the DH worked today, I cooked. I am a foodie, and LOVE having an entire day to bake and cook and totally spoil my husband.
Dinner was amazing. Balsamic and brown sugar glazed pork tenderloin, sage stuffing, garlic smashed potatoes, carrots in brown butter, roasted mushrooms, and lemon bars. When he got home, I had his favorite drink ready for him (Jack and coke) and we sat down for a WONDERFUL adult dinner, just the two of us.
As he ate the pork (one of the best I've made), he just kept nodding. Gave me the two thumbs up. Said I'm a keeper.
So prom was definitely different this year - but not in a bad way. Just different.
Time to enjoy an Irish coffee or two. What a wonderful way to end the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment