Oh how I wish I had talent for landscaping. I have great ideas. Amazing intentions. But my projects just NEVER look like I imagined. Had the same problem back in art classes. Great vision, no idea how to execute.
This spring is no different. Three pretty big projects in the works. Last fall my DH built me a beautiful pergola. So this summer, my goal is to put a flagstone "patio" underneath it. Have the list of materials.... the "how to". We'll see how that goes. Because I have MORE time this year, I want more VEGGIES! But we live in town, so I've never been able to have the "creepers" - cukes, etc. But we are going to try to build a cucumber climbing trellis. Again. Have plans, the "how to". Keeping our fingers crossed. And the last project for this spring is a rock edge. We have been struggling with how to finish the edge of our gravel pad - and I think a simple rock edge with plants is the answer. I have rocks coming next week, so it's a go.
I have great visions of a beautiful, shaded lush yard. But I'm definitely not there. We'll see. I'm young. There is time... And I'm not afraid to try/screw up/and try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment