How many times in a day I am looking for an answer. So many questions... so many answers. Sometimes the answer you are looking for, sometimes the answer you actually need, but don't realize.
I am still sick. Still coughing, though not as bad, but still sick. I ask God every day why this happened to me. Why I lost these two months. Why I had the accident. I haven't received the answer, and most likely never will know what it is.
But the answer, you see, doesn't matter. It's not important. What IS important is knowing that He is in control, and that everything happens for a reason. The answer, you see, is
FAITH.
People often say things about my attitude. I'm "too optimistic". I'm "happy all the time". I think sometimes that people perceive it as fake. An act.
What people need to know is that I am this way because I know that my God is in control. That He loves me, and protects me, and is guiding my life as He needs. Because we live for Him. We live BECAUSE of Him. I've had some pretty big bumps in my life. Some disfunction in my childhood. Lost my mom at age 36. But I know that those bumps are there, to slow me down, to put me where I need to be at the right time, to teach me, to help me grow.
I realized it this morning during church. I radiate a positive light. People tell me that I inspire them. It isn't ME that inspires, or radiates. It is my Faith in Jesus Christ that is shining through, that is inspiring.
I am humbled to think that I've made an impact on other people's lives. I am humbled to be used by God to do great things on this earth. I am humbled to be a witness to what living with Faith is like. Living with Faith means, when something bad happens, we know that He is still there with us. We are never alone. Living with Faith means that we don't ever give up hope. Living with Faith means eternal life.
So to all those pessimists who think my attitude is an act, I hope this helps you understand me better. And to all of you out there living in Faith, you get it. You understand. Life IS good. Love IS good. God IS good. No, God is GREAT. And that's what I hope my light and life represent to people.
1 comment:
God is Good All the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)
Post a Comment