I have been feverishly planting garden these last two days - fitting in laundry on the line too! I absolutely love the weather. Windy, warm, sunny. God is shining down on us!
Today I've been planting seeds. Snap peas, lettuce, chard, kohlrabi (plants), mini pumpkin, summer squash, and zucchini all in, and before 10:30 am! Still need to plant beans, radishes, and some misc flower planters. But should be done by noon. VERY excited. Loving the time to do the garden well, fitting as much in my limited space as possible.
The plants we planted last weekend are doing SO well. Most of the peppers and tomatoes made it into a plot that was plowed, tilled for the very first time, and they are LOVING it. Cannot believe the growth already. I'm on the hunt for the easiest way to keep them all upright, rather than having to cage each individual plant....
The cucumber trellis is in and planted! The plants I had started inside did not fare that well. I think two of the four will be ok, but I replanted seed hills anyway. It's definitely not too late by any means, and they will be great. I'm also thinking I have room in the front of the boxes to add more lettuces. YEAH.
I will post some pix, once the storms come. Stormy weather is good for computer work and paperwork. Right now, I just need to get back outside and enjoy this sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment