Oh, HOW I LOVE GETTING MY HANDS DIRTY.
...And today was one of those days!
Still healing the broken rib, I can't do too much. But I have lots of flower beds, herb gardens, and borders that need initial weeding. So I pulled out my gloves and knee pad, and picked a bed. And then...
I GOT DIRTY.
Oh, how I love digging in the dirt, pulling weeds, taming perennials. With most of the spring flowers done (only paperwhites remain), and the early summer (Iris, peony) starting to show, and some bloom, it is a good time to dig in. We've had rain for the last three days, so the weeds came out easy, no straining needed.
I think I spent over an hour out there weeding, which is nothing compared to my normal, but a GREAT start getting back to life. I can feel the muscles in my chest a bit more, but nothing I can't tolerate, and I'm narcotic-free, so that is a good sign!
Just heard the forecast for tomorrow - another gorgeous day - so I'm hoping to finish that particular flower bed (my largest). Started with the hardest part today, so it's definitely a possibility!
Another one of my Blessings of my new life - I've got time to do a little gardening every day, enjoying every moment, instead of trying to fit it in after a ten hour day at work, angry that I have too much to do.
man i love getting dirty......
No comments:
Post a Comment