Saturday, May 26, 2012

stage four

Those two words evoke so many emotions. And I'm sure that everyone reading this right now understands. Either through their own personal journey, or family, or a friend.

Someone loosely in my life, a shirt tail relation, heard those two words this week. Just wasn't feeling well, went to the doctor, and was told just that. Stage Four. Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I cannot even imagine how someone's life changes after hearing those words. All of a sudden your life is full of appointments, chemotherapy, side-effects, and percentages. In one doctor's conversation, your entire life changes. And there is no going back.

I am not close enough to this person to be affected directly, but my family is. And I will worry about them, as they begin to deal with what their brother and uncle is going through. I will pray for them all. That they all learn to adjust to this new reality that has changed their lives.

Percentages are still on his side. a 60% chance of recovery by some reports, which is amazing for any cancer in stage four. But the fight will be hard, and long. I pray for his strength, and for the strength of his family.






















No comments: