Monday, May 14, 2012

Making a difference

So the food stamp question I posted on facebook today REALLY took off. Dozens of comments, all wonderful, educated points of view from different parts of the world. Just a fantastic forum, and discussion, which ended with another passionate friend and I deciding we need to do something. Something along the lines of educating our little town about ways to provide for our families - storing food, saving money, all kinds of things.

I'm very excited. I never expected my original question to lead to doing good. How awesome is that? I am definitely finding in this discussion a challenge. A challenge to find recipes for families - NORMAL recipes - that are low cost, high benefit. And I'll post them. To help share, and teach.

So thank you to social media - for providing a venue for our little forum on social assistance. Maybe great things will come of this day!

No comments: