It's not surprising that I love to cook. It is not a secret. And I love cooking for others. It's my gift to share with people.
Today I got to share a LOT. For months, I've known that I was cooking the main component of the meal to feed our football team for their weekly Thursday team meal. My son had requested lasagna. So I was prepared to make that, and garlic bread, for the 50 boys and men.
Yesterday my husband was talking with his cousin who was headed to town from Arkansas. After he got off the phone, he asked if we could do a lunch for him and his mother. Of course - no problem! By the time lunch came today, we had my mother-in-, father-in-law, husband's aunt and uncle, as well as the cousin. So I was making lunch for 7.
Up at 5:45, I finished baking the last four baguettes for the football team right away. Then I jumped into prep for lunch. I roasted a chicken, along with mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, apple pie, and peach cobbler. Had just enough time to clean up the kitchen before they arrived. And lunch was wonderful.
As soon as they were gone, around 1:30, I headed back into the kitchen to prep three large pans of lasagna and turn the 8 baguettes into garlic bread. At 5:30 pm I was on my way home with empty roasters and pans.
12 hours of cooking and cleaning and serving, makes for a long, but really wonderful day. I love being able to cook for others, if that makes them happy. Love being able to share. But I'll be happy to put my feet up for the rest of the night!
1 comment:
You rock, Melissa! It makes me tired just reading your post! :)
Post a Comment