of a stay-at-home mom
While I am not a full-time SAHM, I only work part time - and today was one of my days home. So I embraced the day!
Woke up early (I choose NOT to allow myself to sleep in. I keep a schedule, getting up around 5:45 am every morning.) to a very cool fall morning - with temperatures in the upper 40s. I opened all the blinds and opened the windows to let the fresh, crisp air in. Oh, to fill your lungs with that beautiful cool fresh air... it's so good.
Made a pot of coffee and sat down to enjoy the morning news. Started a new crocheting project while I had my coffee and checked in with the world. I always cherish my quiet mornings, before my son and/or husband get up to start the day. Today was no different.
The morning was spent catching up from the weekend! By noon I had made breakfast oat bars for the week as well as a loaf of wheat bread. Two loads of laundry are hanging in the cool air outside. The dishes were unloaded, those from my baking washed, and the kitchen picked up.
I also took a walk of the gardens this morning, harvesting some tomatoes, zucchini, and summer squash. I will have to work them into the week's menus!
It is so nice to have a morning to catch up. Hoping to finish up laundry this afternoon and maybe get the floors all done. Before the football game tonight. NOTHING gets in the way of watching my boy play ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment