Monday, September 9, 2013

Living our lives on autopilot....

Something from Sunday's sermon is still on my mind this morning (great job Pastor Schneider!)... He talked about living life, and not living life on autopilot. Not becoming desensitized to our surroundings....

How often do we do that? Keep pushing forward on autopilot, day to day, all of a sudden realizing that weeks, months, even years have gone by? I have applauded myself over these last two years of my "second chapter" of life for NOT doing this. For taking time to enjoy life, the God moments, etc.. But Sunday as I sat and listened to Pastor, I realized that I too am STILL guilty of this.

Summer lasts for most of three months. And it flew by in a flash. I didn't do any of the "relaxing" I had planned on. And I'm so frustrated with myself. I ended up over committing (the peril of people knowing you have the summer "off" from teaching) for MONTHS. This first week of school has been the first time I've been able to really sit back and breathe.

how sad...

While we had a wonderful summer - visiting friends - having company here, etc., I am very frustrated that I've lived the 3 months on autopilot, not stopping each day to give thanks, to realize all that we are Blessed with, to hear the silence that is so important to hear.

Lucky for me, it was only a summer. And Pastor's message has hit me in the core. I need to remember to thank him for that next week, let him know how much it meant to me.

So here's to getting back on track - to learning to say no - to taking time to hear God's plan for us. I'm taking back the controls - no more autopilot for this chick!

No comments: