I played with my food today.
but I think it's ok.
because I was playing with veggies - and different ways to serve them to my family!
I've amassed quite a bit of produce this week, as well as a bowl of bluegill fillets from my son's fishing trip yesterday, and some thawed pork chops my dear husband pulled out yesterday (thinking he was helping.)
So today's mission was to design meals that used up as much as possible.
And I chose to accept, and embrace the challenge with gusto!
Lunch - I knew I wanted to fry up the bluegill. Protein - done. I had one small eggplant, and several small zucchini on the counter, so I sliced them up, and made a veggie parmesan with them to accompany the fish. A gift of a bag of pears was waiting to become a pear crisp for dessert. FOUR items on my list used!
On to dinner. The port went in the crock pot early in the day (it IS Packer Sunday!), so that was taken care of. On to veggies. I had a cabbage in the fridge, grabbed a few potatoes - and wedged both, tossed with olive oil and seasonings, and roasted them. A super simple dinner in the books!
So the family got four different veggies today - five if you count the tomatoes in the sauce - and a wonderful day of homemade food. And not a single recipe used, just my instinct, which is a victory for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment