We are coming to the end of this crazy week. I taught 3 days, catered 2. The hubby has been having 14 hour days since Tuesday, overnights, coming home only to sleep, shower, eat, and return to work. On top of that add two football games (one 2 hours away), one confirmation class, one Bible study, and one football meal. Yep, it's been that crazy. Today is my last full catering day, my son is off to hang out with friends, then off to a party, and my husband has another long night.
I've been very good about keeping up with the cooking all week, preparing enough for all to have three square meals (including one packed for the hubby). But this morning I opened the fridge and realized we had gone through EVERYTHING. Not a single thing of leftover food in there. And I have to be at the store by 10 for the day's catering.
So I dug out onion, pepper, garlic, and hamburger, and started to whip up a pot of Italian noodles - with white wine, tomatoes... (yes, the house smells amazing). My son got up (shocked to see him this early after the late game last night) and stood in the kitchen chatting, and cooking with me. We talked about the game, about the party today, about the upcoming homecoming... it was absolutely awesome. Just good old-fashioned mom/son time, over the cooking in the kitchen. A true gift, one to ground me today during a crazy, hectic time in life.
So even though he's now off to a friend's house, and my husband is sleeping, leaving just me to sit and ponder over my last cup of coffee before the day, that morning time with stay with me all day, making me so very thankful for the Blessings in my life.
3 comments:
I miss you!
I miss you too lady... more than you know!
Supermelissa, there is something to be said about your dedication and way of finding the positive in everything you do, love you
Post a Comment