I know that most of my posts are pretty tame, very domestic, and kind of sappy at times. (That's kind of who I am...)
So I thought I better let you in on how I ended our long weekend. Not in your typical "domestic missy" way... but on my motorcycle!
For any of you who are new, or only seldom readers, it's not often I blog about riding my motorcycle, simply for the fact that I don't take enough time to ride it! I love riding, but seem to very rarely get the chance! So when we got the call to go riding with friends on Labor day, we jumped at the chance.
We met up with another couple, and another lady at 11, on an overcast cool day - and headed north to meet up with the missing husband, who had been working at their cabin all weekend. While cool and overcast, honestly, it's perfect weather to me. I don't mind the chill of riding... not at all.
I love riding my motorcycle. Which, for those of you who know me, is somewhat of a surprise. I did not grow up in a family with toys. No motorcycles, four-wheelers, boats, etc. But I married a man who is toy crazy - with all of the above. For many years, I was happy riding on the back of his Harley, but several years ago decided to get my own license and my own bike. And I've never looked back.
I love the feel of the wind, the smells as we pass the different fields.... it's an amazing feeling. Add to that a day with good friends - and it makes for a great day! A great way to end the long weekend!
1 comment:
Get your motor running - brummm brummm
Post a Comment