Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Faith

The first area I need to attack in my life is my Faith. I found my Faith around the age of 14. I was in confirmation class. My family didn't go to church much. My mom and I went 4-5 times a year at best. But I had an amazing Pastor for my confirmation. And through his guidance, and deep introspection, I found my relationship with Christ. At that point, Faith became a major part of my life.

I went to a Christian college. While there, I was part of the chapel group, Bible studies, and my life in general was Faith based. I was by no means perfect, but it was still there. It was my Faith at that time that allowed me to find forgiveness for my alcoholic father.

After marriage, I became active in church - holding positions from sunday school teacher to treasurer. I found recently that my position as treasurer, extremely demanding, had actually started distracting me from my true Faith. I was getting angry at all the time I needed to spend on it. I was getting angry for falling behind, for letting people down. And it spiralled out of control. So on my birthday I resigned. It was a tough decision. I've only had the position for two years. But I knew that it was starting to pull me from my Faith, and without that I am nothing.

I had a great conversation with our Pastor today. He found out I resigned, and he talked me through my questioning my decision. He's an amazing Pastor - someone I can talk to earnestly. He's helping me refocus. He's reaffirmed my need to reconnect. He's listened.

My goal in fixing this aspect of my life is to include at least 15 minutes of meditation in each day. I want to begin my women's bible devotion book. I want to really focus on my Faithbook. And today's talk with Pastor Tom was a great beginning.

No comments: