Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My faith and FAMILY

So I've been concentrating on my Faith. On Sunday I handed over the treasurer's books. It may seem strange that concentrating on my Faith involves getting RID of responsibilities at church. But I was feeling that church had become a job, not a spiritual center for me, and I NEED that spiritual center. At 1pm Sunday a huge burden was lifted off my back, and the freedom I feel is unbelievable.

I have spent time before bed in devotion. Nothing fancy, just reading a bit, going to bed with Christ in my thoughts rather than all the things going on in my life. It takes 7 weeks to make something become a habit... so we'll see.

The next thing I need to focus on is my FAMILY.

I've done a lot in the past two years to focus on my family. My core - Ken and the kids - that is. I've realized that I have only two years before Allie is off to college. And that is a scary yet exciting thing to realize. I'm so excited for her to be growing into the amazing young woman she is, but on the other hand, I can't imagine life every day without her in it. It's a double edged sword. So I want to create more time with both kids and with Ken. Time is priceless. It is immeasurable.

No comments: