I recently turned 38. For my birthday, I received wonderful notes from SO many good friends - all over the country. What struck me this year was how each of those cards truly represented the friend sending it, and the relationship I have with them.
Karen-her card was a beautiful photo of a coffee cup, perfect from my coffee clutch buddy, whom I share a love of java with.
Ginny - sent a goofy card about how "cool" we looked back in the day, and it brought back memories of goofy photos in cow slippers...
Tim - his card had a black and white photo of two girlfriends - from maybe the fifties. goofy, but his comment about the girls being Sarah and I, and he behind the camera as photographer completely described our childhood.
I just hope that everyone who takes the time to pick out a card, and send it, knows that they really do mean a lot to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment