I had an awesome girlfriend lunch today. An impromptu text - and we both had the afternoon free - so we hit our favorite coffee shop to sit and chat for a few hours. Man, it was just what I needed.
She knows my struggle with the crossroad I am at. Do I jump in, buy the local café and start a coffee shop? Do I go back to school, get my teaching certificate and try to get a full time job? Or do I stay part time.
I have been DREAMING about the café. I have so many ideas. It has been my passion for so long, it feels as if it's a part of me. So why am I hesitating in even finding out the numbers? Why haven't I met with the owner to get the details?
She knows me so well. Together we've been praying for guidance for me. But I also realize that God isn't going to throw it at me, I have to do the legwork myself. And he will show me what I need to know to decide. So I need to make that call.
We talked about the fact that I always put others first, and being part time, I spend a LOT of time taking care of my hubby and son. And if I were to open the café, they would notice. I don't know if that is why I am procrastinating on calling?
Do I feel that I can't do it? That I'll fail? I don't think so - - - I am confident that I could do this. If I can find the funding. And I think I would LOVE doing it.
So why am I stopping myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment