I have been a procrastinator for all of my life. Some times in my life worse than others. In school, I ALWAYS waited until the last minute, claiming (as many do) "I work best under pressure".
"I work best under pressure" is just a CRUTCH! It is a way to make ourselves feel ok about putting things off until the very last minute!
I do this ALL the time. For instance, tomorrow I am having 4 kids over for brunch. My house is not clean. I have had plenty of time in the last four days to clean house. But instead, I picked up my writing project and worked on that. I made a few new recipes for the brunch, just to try them. I finally started weeding the flower beds. Spent the entire day today at craft day at church. All things that really didn't need to be done before the cleaning.
So now I sit here BLOGGING. Instead of cleaning. I have so much to do, but I feel that I'll be JUST fine watching a bit of Ellen and blogging. And I will feverishly clean my entire home from top to bottom tonight - hopefully starting in a few hours (oh, who am I kidding?)
I have only been bitten a couple of times with my procrastination, most of the time faring quite well. But WHY do I tempt fate every time?
I love that I'm blogging about it as a means of justifying not doing it. Oh, the injustice of it all.
Ok, I will seriously get to cleaning now. On the next commercial. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment