Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Finding the Blessings..

I am "Missy Positive" as my husband has named me.  I try very hard to maintain a positive attitude, see the positive in all situations, and most of all CREATE the positive in my life. (It is up to each of us, to create our own happiness!)

This week has had several chances for me to see the Blessings hidden in not-so-positive events. Tonight was a classic example.

Driving home from town tonight, I got behind about 6 cars following a large farm implement going slowly. I'm sure the drivers were frustrated, places to be, to get to, and stuck behind this slow moving vehicle.

But we have had a REALLY wet spring/early summer. And when I say REALLY wet, I mean flooded. Our growing season is a month behind. Many farmers (I've heard as much as 30%) have not even gotten into their fields yet. So in all honesty, the fact that the farmer was out and about - WORKING in his fields is a huge Blessing. It means he is in those fields, trying to get something planted.... THAT my friend is most certainly a Blessing.

So what we need to do - is find those things - those hidden Blessings - sometimes in disguise of a crummy incident. It's up to us to find those Blessings - and say thanks for them.

No comments: