finally!
Finishing the year with seven straight weeks of teaching, I very much appreciate summer! Friday was my last day - done by 1pm - and let me tell you...while I'm going to miss my students incredibly, I am very much looking forward to the summer!
Right after school on Friday, William and I headed into town to run some errands. He grabbed his new CD - Queen's Greatest Hits - and we hopped in the truck. I love that my 16 year old son grabbed QUEEN for a roadtrip to town. We cranked the tunes, rolled down the windows, and hit the road. Singing along, chatting the entire way.
it was a wonderful way to start summer vacation....
Saturday started a whirlwind of activity - traveling to celebrate a friend's son's graduation, then back home to await the arrival of a girlfriend from Nebraska, and then Monday off to Green Bay to celebrate my amazing daughter turning 21.
Returning late Tuesday night, we threw together a quick Italian dinner of bread, salad, and pasta, along with an antipasti appetizer. A bottle of Moscato topped the meal. It was a wonderful last night's dinner to share with Karen.... sad to see the visit come to an end!
So today was the first true day of summer for me. I got to sleep in a bit (until 6:30), drink lots of coffee, and play in my flower beds. Had to dodge the rain here and there, but all in all it was a lot of fun. And hopefully the first of many, many days.
No comments:
Post a Comment