After four days of summer, I'm feeling that we are settling into our summer. Getting up early, and watering planters, working in the yard, etc. I'm enjoying summer zumba - twice a week - to get my heart pumping. And the garden is FINALLY in - a month late due to flooding and rain this spring - but it is in. Had to give in to no peas (too warm already), and it's not nearly as big as past years, but it's in, and we should have some yummy fresh produce in a month or so.
We have company coming this weekend, so I need to get the house "company clean" in the next two days. UGH! They leave on Tuesday - and then we are into fourth of july prep (our big annual party) which means weeding the beds, fresh mulch, and food prep. HOLY cow. The day after the 4th, my hubby is off on a 3 week cycle tour of the continental divide, and I have great plans for those three weeks, finishing projects around the house. But I think that first day I might take the day off. I might need it. I see summer fleeting by... not to mention a couple of weekend trips coming up~
Had an impromptu summer bonfire with friends on Tuesday. One of those "hey - what are you doing right now" kind of parties. Good friends, gathered for a mid-week evening, relaxing around the fire with drinks and smores. It was a perfect evening. Met friends from my old job out last night, and today have lunch with a dear friend and her daughter. Summer is that chance to catch up - to make time for each other - and to reconnect.
I love summer. The pace. Being outdoors. Being active. Finding time to catch up with friends. It is such amazing time of year. So thankful it is here. Thankful for every single day, and the Blessings we have. Enjoy the beauty of summer peeps. ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment