So this morning's facebook post is pretty typical:
"For whatever reason, MOST mornings I wake up around 5:30 or 5:45. But on days like today, I realize how much I cherish my mornings alone, before the rest of the house wakes up. Morning news, my computer, a cup of coffee, and the world waking up outside. Beautiful sunny morning today... time to get out, water the planters, and pull some weeds before Zumba. Have a wonderful day, be thankful for life's Blessings."
One of my friends commented about how she loves to read my posts, because they are so positive. Mission accomplished.
But people need to know that life isn't always positive. It's not always easy to deal with. Sometimes we don't understand. And actually, right now I am going through one of those times.
Yesterday a friend of mine lost her husband. They are relatively newly married (7-10 years?), built their dream home a few years ago, and just gave birth to their first child two months ago. Things like this make me wonder....why something like this has to happen. Why my dad, at 87, with complete dementia, just keeps kicking, and this young, vibrant man had to be taken.
But in the horrible sadness, it is these events that teach me to BE positive. To BE thankful for all of life's Blessings, right down to the smallest. So today I am thankful for my two hours of quiet. I am thankful for the family still sleeping. For the good cup of coffee. For my flowers outside.
Because we never know folks. We just never know when our lives will be turned upside down. Be thankful for EVERY Blessing EVERY day.
5 comments:
We never know
Amen, Melissa! :)
Very well said - and how well I know... but life goes on - and out of bad, comes good - we just may not see it at the time.
I agree with your hubby "Missy Positive" and I too look forward to your status updates because when I am feeling down they always inspire me. You have the ability to inspire many....it's really a gift. I am so sorry to hear about your friends husband. That is awful and such a tragedy. Hugs.
Sorry about your friend's loss--How true, we do not EVER know what each day will bring, much less each hour of the day. We were at a wedding recently and were asked to give one piece of good advice. Mine to newlyweds--and couples of every stage--is always never, EVER take each other -- or ANYTHING for granted....cuz you just never know!
Post a Comment