Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Saturday morning!

Started some French toast this morning for my son, who is off in an hour to work a charity run. Snuck outside to water my hanging baskets, and was greeted by a small bird who joined me on the deck for awhile (not sure of the variety), and then a woodpecker on the tree next to me. There are leaves and branches to be cleaned up from the last two days of thunderstorms, but the sun is shining, and the birds are out.

The garden is still under water (literally - standing water), so I haven't had a chance to plant! But I have a couple of raised beds with cukes, garlic, and radishes, and I planted a container on the deck with lettuce, so it's nice to see some of the new sprouts coming up.

Time to make a pot of coffee, grab my book, and sit on the deck for awhile. Enjoy this beautiful God given day!