Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pinterest...a part of our lives!

If you don't know what Pinterest is, you've been living pretty isolated.

I still remember when I was introduced to it. It was October, 2011. I had 5 friends up from Nebraska for a scrapbooking weekend. A couple of those friends were shocked that I'd not heard of this amazing new thing. Of course, after a quick tutorial, I was hooked. As someone who crafts, and is a self-professed foodie, Pinterest was built for me.

I often spend my early mornings, or after I relax at night, browsing the Pinterest boards, pinning to my virtual boards, and dreaming....

And I also pick times when I tell myself it's time to stop pinning, and actually USE the ideas. This week was one of those weeks! With a dear friend preparing for her daughter's Sweet 16, I was able to FINALLY try one of the first crafts I'd pinned - making a picture frame into a chalk board. It created the most adorable menu board in hot pink for the food table... The same day I made the chalkboard, I made TWO recipes I'd pinned, very happy with both!

But not every Pinterest idea works, and that's to be expected. It's no different than trying a new craft idea from anywhere. Some work, some don't. That's the gamble you take! The fun is in the trying!

Yesterday I had a few girlfriends over, and was able to make a new yummy recipe that I had pinned, a hot onion dip that won everyone over. Deemed "a keeper", it was a fantastic recipe. We had started the second bottle of red wine, when the inevitable happened. A glass slipped from a hand, sending red wine across my light tan carpet.... And the first thing I heard was "There's something on Pinterest on this!" And while I ran for towels to blot, two of the girls had Pinterest up, with chats of "It's on my household tip board!"

And sure enough, the tip - to use a baking soda paste - worked like a charm. This morning I vaccummed up the spots, and it's hardly noticeable. I'll do a little tweeking with my spot cleaner when I do my steam cleaning this week, but in all, the spot (a large one!), is gone. Pinterest saved the day.

We all had a good laugh when we realized how Pinterest has become part of our lives. Like Facebook, and Twitter, and "the cloud", it has changed our normal. And like a superhero it can even save the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, funny, glad it worked