Today I taught in the High School - had a wonderful day teaching chemistry and physical science. The day went really smoothly, and because I'm teaching in the same room on Monday I got to spend some time prepping for that as well. Just a great day to be a sub-teacher.
When I got home, my husband had begun dinner - grilling out porterhouse steaks, with potatoes, frezer corn from last summer, and dessert - vanilla ice cream with strawberries from last summer. It was wonderful. Being a mostly stay-at-home mom, I do the majority of the cooking. And I love it. I love baking, and cooking, and providing for my family. But because I do it most of the time, these nights, when my husband is home, and surprises me with dinner, are SUCH nice treats.
Tonight I'm crafting, pricing, tagging, and packing up for a craft sale tomorrow. I opened the fridge to put leftovers away and found some marinara I needed to use up. So I grabbed some frozen chicken stock (from the last chicken I poached) and three Italian chicken sausages from the freezer, along with some frozen veggies. Browned up the sausage, added some onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning, and then added the stock, marinara, frozen veggies, canned garbanzos, orzo, and some fresh Kale. It's been simmering for about an hour, and I just tasted it. AMAZING minestrone. Literally out of a few ingredients I wanted to use up from the fridge and freezer. Tomorrow I'll make some fresh French bread to go along with it - and we will have a wonderful lunch!
The third big surprise was a text from a neice. She, and her family, and my sister and brother-in-law are going to be only 20 miles from me for the weekend. So tomorrow night we are going to meet them for dinner. A WONDERFUL surprise to get to see them!
So today has been a gift - of many surprises. What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment