Friday, March 29, 2013

God's day....

While I know every day is God's day, today was one of those day that makes you stop and SAY, "this is God's day".

I had a wonderful day at school today - only a half day because of end of term. Got done just in time to walk over to church for our Good Friday service. My son met me there, also walking, and being early, we hung out in the sun of the parking lot soaking in the beautiful day until the deacons arrived to open the doors.

It's been SUCH a long winter, than being outside with the birds singing, and the snow melting...soaking up the vitamin d...oh, it felt so good. Not to mention, it's always great to get face time with the 15 yr old.

I helped Pastor's wife set the altar for the Tennebrae service - draping the black, and lighting the candles. Had a wonderful church service - that literally brought me to tears. Thinking about the sacrifice given for us on this day, well, it's overwhelming to say the least.

After church, I walked home alone, as my son headed to the baseball field. The creek was running, and the sound of the running water with the birds in the background was good for the soul. It's been SO long. I headed up the hill, and came across an older lady walking an ADORABLE new puppy. After asking permission, I got down to play with him, and loved him up. As I crossed the main road in town, I saw four of our high school students approaching, and they joked with me as they passed. I wished them all a wonderful spring break and headed on. As I crossed the final road before my house, I saw the neighbor kids playing in their yard. As I got closer, I heard them chime "Hello Mrs. Darr" and wave. I chatted with the kids (elementary age), wished them a wonderful spring break, and continued home.

I am not exaggerating or making this up. I  had that good of a walk home from church on Good Friday afternoon in my little town of 800 people. I am so Blessed with my life, and where God has taken me. I never would have guessed ten years ago that this would be my life. I was living such a high-stress, type-A lifestyle. I was constantly rushing from point A to point B. Very rarely did I take time to enjoy the little things in between.

I cherished every step of my walk home today. From the gurgling creek, to the waves from the little kids, it was a beautiful chance to see all of the Blessings God has given me.

I truly feel that we would all be in a much better place if we didn't overlook these every day Blessings. Just knowing that all of this is God's gift, part of his plan for us. It just makes life so much better.

On this day of rememberance, a day to reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made for us, I saw so much of God in my day. He is always there, we just have to look. To listen. To pay attention.

Be thankful for the everyday Blessings..

No comments: