Last night at Bible study, one of the questions was "are you more of a thinker than a doer, or a doer than a thinker"?
While the lesser of two evils, I am definitely more of a thinker than a doer, and it irritates me. I have SO many great intentions, but so much is left undone. Even so, I'd rather do that, then start acting without thinking first.
So today I have been inspired to tie up some loose ends. On January 22, I wrote a three page letter to my longest and dearest friend. I'd been teaching that day, and on my lunch hour, decided to write an old fashioned letter. She had sent me one a while back, and I loved it. We used to write in college (her more than I - imagine that!), and it was fun to revisit getting a hand-penned note. (Five pages long if I remember correctly.)
This letter has been sitting on my desk, waiting to be mailed, since then. One day short of two months. And why? No reason. I got caught up in other projects, and it left my mind. Well, today it was mailed.
For over a month, I've been wanting to send a gift to a friend who has had a rough few months. A fun box, of fun things, just to make her smile. The pile of things I'd collected to send her sat for an entire month. Then last Saturday I got them boxed and ready to go, but missed the deadline at the local post office, and it has sat in my living room for five days. But today, it got mailed!
So while I'm not making any resolutions, I realize that I am bothered by my lack of follow-thru. Maybe it will start to get better? Hoping to bring smiles to TWO fine ladies this week. They will know that I love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment