Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hall of Fame Tour 2013 day one

Well, our trip has finally arrived. Our Hall of Fame Tour 2013 has officially begun.

I am typing this from a 3rd floor room at the Hall of Fame Comfort Inn in Canton, OH. It sits on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the city, and I cannot wait for the sunrise view.

Up at 4:30 am to finish packing, by the time the guys were up at 6, I was on my second pot of coffee. We stopped for breakfast at a beautiful cafe in New Lisbon, WI. Situated on the main intersection, it is in the ground level of an amazing stone building... and for sale. mmmm. (just kidding).

Then we were off. Sidelined by a few extra bathroom stops (did I say i had TWO pots of coffee?), we still made great time. Of course the tolls in Illinois were annoying (those in Indiana and Ohio slightly less annoying with only one stop per state).

Our final stop before our arrival here was at a travel center - so I could get my contacts out, and we could use the bathroom. What a WONDERFUL surprise to find a Popeye's inside. Who knew we'd get Louisiana cooking in Ohio? Had we made a wrong turn? So we decided to have dinner there, before heading to Canton and our hotel. A poboy and red beans makes for a very happy me.

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel - it's a beautiful location, and seems quite new. I would call day one a success. But a 12 hour driving day is enough to make us ready for bed.

Best part of the day was our son saying he's looking forward to the vacation. That's a pretty big deal coming from an almost year old. That makes me smile.

Sweet dreams. Tomorrow - the Football Hall of Fame!

No comments: