Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crafting Tuesdays - trying out something new!

On the last Tuesday of the month, a group of ladies meet at our church for crafting day. Started by our former Pastor's wife, it's become something we ALL look forward to every month. Some quilt/sew, some scrapbook/paper craft, others work with yarn, and everything in between. We each bring a dish to pass, and we spend the entire day drinking coffee, chatting, and crafting.

Today I had to teach for the morning, so I wasn't able to get there until 11. Because I didn't have a lot of time there, I didn't want to haul a large project, so I threw some yarn and my hooks into a bag and headed out. I had found a pattern on the internet, and was ready to try it.

The pattern was for a braided crocheted cowl. I've been wanting to wear more scarves, but haven't known how - or wanted to invest. So I figured if I can MAKE something fun, it was worth a try. I'd never done anything like it before, so I was heading into unknown territory. But what a great place to try it - cheerleaders on every turn of the yarn, asking how it was going.

I almost finished it there (not bad for only being there for a few hours!), so I quickly finished it once I arrived home. And I LOVE it. This isn't a great picture, and it is better to see it on (but I'm the only person home - too hard to get a shot), but it's a start. And I'm already thinking of another softer yarn, maybe with a larger hook, for a totally different look!

I think it's pretty good for my first try!

No comments: