Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Life in a Northern Town.....

Life in a Northern Town, the original version, is one of my all time favorite songs. Born and raised in Wisconsin, I lived for about 5 years in Nebraska, and then moved back. Now, I live in a SMALL northern town, where life is accentuated not just by being in the north, but by being a town of 800 people.

We get a lot of snow where I live. Not outrageous, but a lot. Enough that some kids ride snowmobiles to school when able. And tonight, we had friends stop by on a snowmobile. We live a block away from the trail, so they hopped on up to our house and hung out for a visit.

I just think it's cool. As stupid sounding as that might be, I think that the ability to hop on a snowmobile at your house, ride along a river, through the woods, and some ditches, and end up at a friend's house is a pretty cool concept. And I love that we have friends that do that.

So tonight we hung out - after a snowy day - with the fireplace going - chatting with good friends while they warmed up from their ride.

I'm known to enjoy life's little moments. And tonight was one of them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Everytime I hear that song I think of you...