The deal with being a substitute teacher - is that I have no control over my schedule sometimes. And these last two weeks have been SLOW. So I've enjoyed a chance to be domestic - baking, cooking, freezing meals, and getting the house back in order.
Today I decided (it being cold and snowy) that it was a good day to bake some cutout heart cookies - to surprise my confirmation class and Bible study group tonight. So while doing laundry, and picking up the house, I baked a few dozen cutouts and decorated them, and made yummy porcupine meatballs for the family for dinner.
I have been able these last two weeks to make sure all of our leftovers are getting eaten in lunches, or used in meals. Both yesterday's turkey tetrazzini and today's meatballs cleaned out partials from the fridge - making me feel good to be preventing food from going to waste.
One of the first things I notice in weeks when I work a lot - that we end up having food get buried in the fridge and going to waste. So this week has made me happy - as I make sure that waste doesn't happen!
Time to get the dishes done - and get ready to teach confirmation. I have LOVED these domestic weeks.... it's been such a nice break. Granted, the money will be missed, but money isn't everything. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment