Even on hard days, or during hard weeks, I love teaching. I am only a subsititute, but I love being there, every single day I get to be.
Today - I was at the high school, teaching agriculture, and while I was scared going in that I wouldn't be able to help them, the teacher had a great lesson plan, and the day went off without a hitch. And it was a great day - the kids all very respectful.
So as I was leaving school, happy with how the day had gone, I saw one of the kindergarten students I've had several times running down the hall towards me. I "reprimanded him", telling him to stop running in the halls, and he immediately came to a stop, exclaiming "you're coming to my class tomorrow!"
I smiled, responded with "yes I am!"
At that point, he ran over and gave me an amazing hug....
A spontaneous, from-the-heart kid hug.
As I leaned down to return the hug, my heart was smiling, almost as much as this little boy was.
THIS is why I love teaching. The pure, honest excitement and happiness of one 6-year-old little boy. And the fact that he would share that with me, through his hug.
That is a good day, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment