Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baking cookies!

When we were first married, my new husband informed me that I had to get a certain cut-out cookie recipe from his friend's mom. I did, and use it to this day - 17 years later. And I'm known for my cut-outs, made for every holiday and special event in between. Nice and thick and chewy...mmmm.

When I was working in management, I started a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network, selling heart "thank you" cookies that were delivered across the company. Every year we sold HUNDREDS.

I was lucky enough this year to be hired to bake the cookies for their fundraiser, even though I no longer work there. Between the fundraiser, and personal cookie sales to friends, I have over 32 DOZEN cut-out heart cookies to bake and decorate this weekend. Almost 400 cookies! TEN double batches of dough.

Gonna be a cookie-bakin' fool tomorrow. And I can't wait. I love baking cookies, and sharing with people. Especially for a good cause. :-)

No comments: