Tuesday, August 19, 2008

signs...

Is the universe full of signs? And do we just not take time to see them?

I have always been a strong believer in signs. Everything happens for a reason. So I ask, what is God, or the universe, trying to tell me today?

I slept in a few minutes - not a lot - was on the road just in time. About 4 miles down the road, I realized I'd taken the wrong route to work. A wrong decision that would take me about 5 miles out of my way, now making me about 5 minutes late.

I left the facility to return to my office this morning, and stopped to get a coffee. In leaving the store, I decided for no reason to take the back driveway out, only to find myself blocked by construction. So I took a left, going one more block, to find THAT road closed as well. So I took another left, now 3 blocks out of my way, and wasting more and more time.

I have to think that God is telling me something. Maybe I needed to be held up to avoid some potential situation. Maybe my guardian angel saw something ahead, and I needed to go a different way.

I have the big meeting today - with HR. I hope that these signs aren't preparing me for a rough meeting. I guess time will tell.

No comments: