Monday, August 11, 2008

home at last..

Wow, the last three weeks have been a whirlwind. The last week the busiest of them all. After a wonderful weekend getaway with my DH, we took the kids to Door County, a beautiful little piece of Wisconsin, to go camping for four days. Needless to say, I'm wiped.

I am continuing to enjoy my reconnection with several friends from our class reunion. Seriously reconnect. Emailing, chatting, and planning some get-togethers. What an awesome thing this has become. We had some amazing friends back then - and now!

Having not really been home for the last two weeks, I have a lot to catch up on this week. Need to get back into my FLYlady routine - get the house (and my life) back on schedule. I NEED ROUTINE.

DS has his first ever football practice tonight. He's pretty excited. Dad's pretty excited. Heck, I'M pretty excited. I'm a big football fan, so this is something I've wanted to see my entire life. My DS playing. WOO HOO. Hope he likes it!

We are nearing the time to put my dad in a nursing home. I went to see him at lunch, having been gone for 5 days. It wasn't one of his better days. Definitely not. So I know that the home is the right place for him, but that doesn't make it any eaiser...

I realized that once dad is in the home, and the house is sold, I will have nothing to do at lunch. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I don't live in the town I work in. So every day for the last 16 years, I've gone to my parents house at lunch when I didn't have other plans. On average, four times a week. What am I going to do on my lunch hours once the house is sold? I really don't want to start working through lunch. I don't want to get in the habit of shopping every day at lunch either. I'm thinking I'll take my lunches at the library - - - read my books.

Weird, to all of a sudden be faced with this reality. My daily life will be more affected by this move than any of my siblings - who don't live here. For them, it means visiting dad somewhere else. They lost that attachment to the homestead years ago. I don't know if I'm ready to do that...

No comments: