Friday, August 29, 2008

random friday afternoon thoughts

Last week of summer hours here, so the office is quiet - except for those of us on "coverage". I have a great agenda for the afternoon, hoping to get some things organized and even completed before leaving. I need a good, productive week next week, and I think an afternoon of doing research, putting things in order, will help tremendously.

We've entered the ever hectic life of the school year. Football has begun, practices 2 nights a week, games on Saturdays. Volleyball has begun, practice and/or games every night. School starts on Tuesday - which means HOMEWORK starts on Tuesday.

Along with school comes working the consession stand, fundraisers, parties, and all that jazz. First varsity football game is tonight, which is always fun. We travel to all the games if possible. Even though DS is only 11. It's great to watch, and social too. Time for us parents to reconnect after the summer too.

Sept and Oct are crazy busy - with only 2 weekends between the two months that aren't booked. I hate that aspect of my life. But unfortunately that's who I am. I need to work on that. But FUN things to look forward to. 5 days in the northwoods with my hubby and the harley. A weekend of fun at our best friends house in the southern part of the state. Scrapbooking with friends from NE. Mama Mia on stage in Milwaukee. All good things. All great things. I really can't wait! But I do love those weekends at home, with nothing to do. And unfortunately, they are far and few between these days! Maybe November.....

No comments: