Monday, August 26, 2013

My mom's AMAZING freezer corn

I have a lot of recipes from my mom.

Tonight I am freezing corn. Sweet corn, corn on the cob, turned into the most amazing frozen corn.

And it's the truth.

I know - because my FATHER-IN-LAW said so. He once told me it couldn't be frozen corn, it had to be fresh, because it was too good to be freezer corn. Told ya. It's THAT good.

I don't worry about sharing recipes - I love doing that. It's how great things continue on! So here it is - THE recipe - enjoy!

12 cups of corn (cut off the cob)
1 cup of water
2 Tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of butter

Combine the corn, water, sugar, and salt in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil, and boil 8 minutes, stirring to ensure equal heating. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add the butter, stirring to melt. Cool completely. Place in freezer containers or bags and freeze!

The beauty of this corn, is there is no need to add anything when you are enjoying it down the road. The sugar, salt, and butter make it melt-in-your-mouth delicious!