Thursday, August 15, 2013

Company's Coming! Company's Coming!

Every summer, a dear, dear friend from college and her mother road trip from Nebraska to Wisconsin for a mini vacation. We always have a BLAST. Each year, I try to come up with some different things to take them to, and we relax with coffee on the deck in the morning, and beer or wine on the couch late into the night, chatting and catching up on our lives. It is one of my most favorite times of the year, something I look forward to EVERY year.

and they'll be here in less than two hours!

so I'm a bit excited.

just a bit.

I've spent the day baking breads - wheat and rye, prepping dinner - chicken enchiladas, black beans, rice, and dessert, and getting the house company ready.

The house smells amazing (who doesn't like the smell of baking bread?), and I'm just waiting... Wine is chilling for dinner. The table is set.

It's going to be a wonderful, wonderful few days, and it starts SO soon.

Cheers to time spent with amazing friends!

No comments: