Saturday, August 24, 2013

Being pampered like a queen, and pumpkin lattes - my day with filled with Blessings!

Last night my oldest came home for a long weekend. It's been over 2 months since I've seen her, and I am so glad to have her around the house, chatting, cleaning with me, cooking/baking with me... Oh, how I miss her energy.

This morning, I woke up knowing my entire family was under the roof, and what a wonderful feeling that was! After the kids got up, my daughter came with me to the store, to put together a catering order. Working together was a hoot - and she fit in so well with everyone. The 2 hours flew by!

When we got home, we baked! Zucchini brownies, and cinnamon bread... And we cleaned the house, did some laundry, all the while hanging out and chatting. Even took time to watch a chick flick!

I had to work again - for a couple of hours - and got home to the two kids washing dishes and making a new recipe - for a caramel apple pie tart - for dinner! I got to sit down to watch the news while they made dinner! It was a fabulous chance to relax, and what a treat - one I'm not often afforded!

Tonight, my daughter and I have been relaxing - hanging out - watching Big Bang Theory reruns, and trying out pumpkin latte recipes - in search of the perfect one! Our first one isn't too bad! And made with decaf, fat free milk, pumpkin, and honey, it's really not too bad for us either! We have one more recipe to try yet tonight. Then we'll make our decision.

So it's been a pretty amazing day from beginning to end. Even though it was just a "normal" day, it turned out pretty darn special. Another one of those when I realize just how Blessed I am.

No comments: