Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Fantasy Football Virgin!

I have a family of sports fanatics. We love watching (and playing) sports. Now understand, I play the violin. I act on stage. I sing. And now I watch football, basketball, and baseball - from school to college to pro. And I love it. Sports Center is on in our house many hours a day. It's a life I've morphed into. And it's something we all enjoy together. My daughter is even going into sports journalism and public relations. Yep. We have it that bad.

So it is a little surprising that I've never entered a fantasy football league before now. I've never been invited, so I never joined.

But the kids thought it would be fun to create our own family league.

Here we go.

Tonight was the draft, and what a hoot. Three of us here, and our daughter on speaker phone. The three of us with only two computers - so logging on and off, oye. Only caused a couple of glitches with auto picks happening when we couldn't log in fast enough. But what a hoot. The groans as one of us picked what someone else wanted.

All in good fun. I am really looking forward to this. As dorky as that sounds. Bring it on people. Bring it on.

Mama's playing football!

No comments: