Wednesday, January 23, 2013

saying goodbyes...

I try very hard to keep this blog positive, upbeat, and fun. But sometimes life just hands you something that isn't so great, and this is where I talk about my life. So if you're not in the mood to listen to my sad, selfish story, I am giving you a chance to opt out -

now would be the time.

So you're in? Thanks - it helps to think someone is reading.... I don't know why, but it does. I don't write for myself as much as I enjoy writing for you. So if you stuck with me, I thank you.

I've blogged before about the fact that our Pastor is leaving.

Tomorrow is the day.

And tonight I had to say goodbye.

And it sucked.

I didn't know how to invite myself over there to say goodbye, but Pastor fixed that for me - asking me to stop by to pick something up. And I'm so very thankful for the night - the couple of hours sitting at the dining room table chatting. But eventually it was time for me to go home, and the goodbyes had to be said.

And it sucked.

I cried last Wednesday at our goodbye dinner for Pastor's wife. I cried on Sunday - his last service. I cried each night chatting with his wife on FB. So I was kind of hoping that I could skip that part tonight. But no such luck.

When talking to my son about it, he, wise beyond his years, said "they're a huge part of our life".  so true...

My husband asked why I don't cry like this when I say goodbye to friends who live across the country...after a visit. I explained that they aren't a part of my daily life that is now gone. He told me "not to let the next one in so far". (Joking of course - knowing how deeply I care for both of them.)

I know change is good. I've definitely not kept away from change in my life. But I don't enjoy having to say goodbye to the good stuff so much.

I am so very thankful for the Blessings we've had with them in our lives. And my Faith leads me to know that God has other plans for us right now - and we will just have to wait to find out what that is. But my heart will still be sad to not have them in our daily lives. They will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It does suck. It's okay to say that and feel that! And you tell your hubby that every time I leave your house I cry all the way home because I miss him soooo much! :) Love ya - hang in there!!