A sit down Italian Feast for 52 wonderful patrons was a SUCCESS! Plenty of food, hot where it needed to be hot - cold where it needed to be cold - and many, many, many compliments and requests for recipes!
It's been a whirlwind week doing this. Something I've not done before. But I wouldn't think twice about doing it again, if I'm asked. Too much fun, planning, shopping, baking, baking, cooking, baking, baking.... you get the idea.
Jotted down a couple of notes for tomorrow night's dinner, will gather my notes tonight, write up a shopping list, and plan for tomorrow. Need to bake a few batches of baguettes, three cakes, and of course three pans of lasagna.
All in all, an extremely successful day. Had GREAT help from a dear friend, who offered out of nowhere. Couldn't have done it without her. And we had SO much fun. Need to think of some fun way to thank her!
So the thought of a commercial kitchen is still in my head. This was a good taste. Actually had someone state they'd keep me in mind if they are having a big party! It would be amazing to be able to turn this into a career. Doing something I LOVE. mmm. there is a thought!
Well, it's late, and I've got a LOT to do tomorrow. Sunday will be a welcome rest. But tonight, I go to bed, with dreams of our Italian dinner tonight. A good, good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment