A lot of people say that they could never cook as much as I do, could never "provide" for their family like I do. Between working, and kids' committments, there just isn't time. But what people don't realize is that it's the little things here and there, that add up to being able to do it.
Today I was making meatloaf for the family, so I doubled the recipe, and froze the second one for a future meal. I do this a lot when cooking. If making lasagna, manicotti, spaghetti pie, etc., I double the recipes, and freeze a second. Then, when there are those crazy weeks, I can pull something to thaw and cook. It's an amazing time saver. It allows us to have real food on weeks when we would normally have takeout, saving us money in the process.
There are so many little time savers. They may seem small and insignificant, but they add up! When I was working full time, it's these little time savers that helped me out.
So my message is this. Don't give up on cooking and providing for your family. Don't try to do everything, but don't give up completely. There are so many little things that you can do, to not only provide for your family, but save money, and do good things....
Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment