Sunday, January 13, 2013

A ho-hum life? I love it!

I'm not one of those people who "dreams" big, for the most part. I didn't grow up as a little girl dreaming of her wedding. I didn't go to college dreaming of a fantastic career. My life has been a crooked path, but one that has led me to the most beautiful place....

I guess I'm more of a person who lives in the moment. Taking what life throws at you, and making the best of it. Maybe that's just my Faith showing through. Knowing that God is in control.

Today has been a wonderful day...a "normal" day, one we don't often see around our household. After church and Sunday school, I was able to do some laundry, change the bedding, clean out the fireplace, put away dishes, and watch a little football.

I've got some chicken thawing for lunch.. planning on making rice pilaf, roasted sweet potatoes, and baked cauliflower poppers. Ken won't be home until 3:30 from work, so I'll make an early dinner around 5.

Got to chat with Allie - off away at college - online today. And I love that she sent me a link to a chocolate cake that I can possibly use for a dinner I'm catering on Friday and Saturday. It's always fun to have such adult conversations with her.

I finished knittng her a scarf this week, so I'll prepare a box of goodies to send to her too - to start off her new semester. I love that she appreciates when I can do something like knit her a scarf. There is just something about being able to provide for your family.

So while my ho-hum life may not be the dream for some, it is the most amazing life to me. I am so Blessed by everything around me.

No comments: