A note from a dear friend who very recently moved away made me smile and cry within the same minute. And it made me think of all those that I've "lost" to other parts of the country, or world.
I've spoken about living "the new normal" before, but sometimes I wonder why my normal has to keep changing. Why people enter my world, only to then have to leave at some point.
I was the one to move "away" from my college friends when I returned to home after graduation. But then one moved closer to me, only to move away again several years later. My closest friend followed a job away many years ago - almost 7 years now - in the same year that I lost my mom. And now, our dear Pastor and wife, people so integrated in our lives....
And there have been many in between!
Yes, I learn to live these new normals - with social media, the internet, blogging, etc. keeping our communication fresh. But it's not the same as sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee, or laughing over drinks on the couch, or chatting over knitting or cross stitch.
What would I do, if I could have all of these so very important people all around me now? At the same time? I guess that is what Heaven will be like for me.... surrounded by ALL of my Blessings. All at once. Something to look forward to, I guess. Just wish I could have a little bit of Heaven here on earth once in awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment