One of the things I gave up when I left full time work was my weekend scrapbooking getaways. A friend asked me months ago if I could take her spot at one (so she wouldn't lose it), and I decided to. So for the first time in two years, I had three days away - at a spa-like retreat center - with girlfriends, great food and wine, and LOTS of pictures and scrapbooking.
I had forgotten what power these weekends have. The rest, relaxation, healing. Amazing what medicine laughter can be!
We spent the weekend looking at old photos, reliving stories, and sharing.
I also got to spend some long overdue time with my closest neice, someone as close as a sister, over wine one evening, and again over coffee the next day. For the first time, I was able to sit with someone and talk about some of my fears, and insecurities.. something that was so in need.
We cannot forget to feed our souls - with relationships close to our hearts, and time to let go and think. The world gets so noisy with all that our lives include. It is the times like this weekend, when we set all of that aside, that rejuvenate our souls.
breathing more clearly tonight. with a fresh outlook. rested. happy. Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment