All of my family and friends know this. And yell at me about it.
but I just cannot say no
especially for a good cause...
So when I was approached to make the meal for our high school's dinner theater, what ELSE could be my answer?
So in two days I will be cooking a sit-down Italian dinner consisting of homemade baguette, house salad, lasagna, and buttermilk chocolate cake. On Friday - for approximately 55, and some also on Saturday (not nearly as many as Friday).
YEAH.
It hit me yesterday - just how many pans of lasagna, baguettes, and pans of cake this means. WOWZA.
Today is my dry run - a test run - that I am treating to the guinea pigs otherwise known as my family and Bible Study group.
While I only made 2 baguettes and one cake and salad, I did decide to brown all of the meat today (18 lbs!).
What does it take to make an Italian feast for say... 65? let's start with....
10 pounds of ground beef
8 pounds of pork sausage
15 pounds of marinara
10 boxes of lasagna noodles
80 cups of mozzarella cheese
8 lbs of cottage cheese
3 dozen eggs
5 lbs of flour
4 lbs of sugar
1 lb. of cocoa
4 lbs. of powdered sugar
a LOT of lettuce
6 bottles of dressing
2 jars of pepperocini
2 cans of olives
5 bags of croutons
plates, silverware, napkins, cups
12 aluminum pans
And I do have more to buy. But this is the bulk of it.
I'm taking pictures of course - there will be a final blog of this whole amazing process. It's been a BLAST so far. But the next two days are gonna be CRAZY cooking days..... bon appetit!
1 comment:
you are such a good cook, word is going to get around
Post a Comment