It always saddens me to hear people use their words without any concern for the people on the receiving end. Do we not understand how the receiver feels?
Recently, I was the recipient of mocking, joking, and words that hurt me so deeply. And people simply laughed it off. It must have made them feel so good about themselves. They thought their comments about my life were funny. Forgetting that it is MY LIFE they were mocking. And they said it right to me, right to my face, with no regard that they were being cold.
I am constantly amazed at how people use curt remarks, either in person, in email, in facebook, or wherever. Comments that maybe don't directly call out who they are talking about, sometimes comments that are completely direct. I will see a comment on someone's facebook page that indirectly talks down about another group of people, and I just want to scream. Those words HURT.
Words hurt people. They hurt like any weapon would. And no matter if it is friends, or family, that say them, the wounds they produce last for a long time.
As a Christian, I know to forgive. And I do. Some would say it means I have no backbone. That I keep letting people walk over me. But it is right to forgive. I just HATE it when I am hurt again, from someone who has done it before, that I have forgiven.
On the outside, I try not to let the effect show. But then there are times that I can't hide it. And no matter if I hide it or not, I hurt. And I know that I am not alone. I see people being hurt by words, and it saddens me so much.
So please people. Think before you speak. SOMEONE is going to be the butt of your comment, your joke. Someone hearing or reading it may be hurt by it.
2 comments:
There must have been a reason that I read this today....your words always speak to me!
Love ya!!
Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment